Thursday, May 8, 2008

The Boldest Statement I've Made Yet

King Soopers has, by far, the best organic produce selection in town.

Sunflower Market has good prices ($.97 for strawberries!) but considering 99% of all its stuff is droopy and half moldy, I'm basically buying food for the composter, not to actually eat.

Whole Foods is pretty, but it's lack of local or organic items is glaringly obvious, once you're able to step away from the fruit dip sample tray and start shopping. Oh, and need I mention the $6.99 lb. Brussels sprouts incident of Thanksgiving 2007?

Safeway has made a gallant effort to look like they support organic. Our newly remodeled neighborhood store has a special 10 foot section dedicated to bruised, miserable looking organic produce that is roughly twice the cost of the conventionals.

King Soopers, on the other hand, has fresh, shiny organic produce you actually want to eat! And just about every conventional item has an organic counterpart, with good prices to boot. Top that off with the fact that the checkers RARELY charge me for organic prices on produce and it's a no-brainer that I will brave my way through college students and Totino's Party Pizzas to fill my cart.

No comments: